[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Gull id help request

  • From: Bob Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:15:12 -0500

Today I photographed a large, dark-backed gull with yellow legs at the
jetty at Quintana. Size-wise, it appeared larger than a Herring Gull. It
still has some juvenile-like plumage on the breast. The gull also appears
to be banded. I would like to hear from any readers who may have an
opinion on the ID.

Photo is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/?saved=1

Bob Becker
Currently in Houston

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds