[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Green-Tailed Towhee in Sugar Land backyard

  • From: Nina Sitra <prncs_nina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:21:15 -0500

Well, I cannot even believe it.

Windows open, approx 9:45am CT, heard House Sparrows and some weird trill.
Got my binocs and lo and behold full-breeding plumage Green-Tailed Towhee
flipping over leaves in my flower beds.  Bright rufous cap, long tail, green
on the back.

Tried to get photos with camera phone, didn't work out.

Nina Sitra
Sugar Land, TX

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds