[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Fwd: [texbirds] Amazon Kingfisher and other south Texas highlights Apr 11-19

  • From: live4birds@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:57:04 -0500

> Hi all
>
> I don't want you to think that I received  a report of this magnitude and did
> not act on it.  I sent information to several local birders to "be on the
> lookout". I checked the area the next day and saw a Ringed Kingfisher on the
> perch that seemed to match that described  by the observer.

> The LRGV RBA rarely passes along sightings without checking on the report
> Rest assured that staff at the park were notified, and the bird was looked
> for.

The RBA goes out over my name. I work as a volunteer at this. I feel that
editing the RBA to include confirmed reports is important. Not every report on
the RBA is confirmed, but not every report is a second US record.

Anyone can subscribe to Texbirds or view unedited reports via the eBird google
gadget.