[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] FOS Painted Bunting, Common Yellowthroat - Backyard NW Austin

  • From: Barry Noret <barrynoret@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 18:10:52 -0500

All,

Post cold front and rain I have seen several spring visitors in the back
yard!  First a Common Yellowthroat and then an Oriole, fly by, which was
too quick to identify.  After errands I went back out on the patio to seek
photos of the Yellowthroat and too my surprise a male Painted Bunting had
landed on the ground feeder about 15 feet from the porch.  He let me reel
off abou 20 shots before another bird chased it off.  This is a great sign
that things are going to be getting better in Austin!

Photo of the Painted Bunting: LOVE this Bird!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnoret/7081850367/sizes/l/in/photostream/

-- Happy Birding
Barry Noret
SW Williamson County
NW Austin, TX
Williamson Audubon Group

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds