[texbirds] Re: texbirds Digest V2 #27

  • From: Ronnie Kramer <ronniekramer1964@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 05:55:06 -0600

Hi Mark,
The pale trapezoid of the backlit wing makes this either a Ferruginous Hawk
or a Juvenile of either Red-tailed, Broad-winged, or Rough-legged Hawk.  I
think the wings are not pointed enough for Ferruginous, and they are too
long for Broad-winged (season aside).  A few of the pics seem a very good
fit for Juvenile Rufous Western Red-tailed.

If you can edit the pics, add +1 to +2 exposure levels or reduce the
shadows and you may get a very identifiable pic.