[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Camping for the Caprock Canyons State Park field trip

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:06:54 -0700

Evidently the reserve-on-line site is providing mislead
Greetings All:

Evidently the reserve-on-line site is providing misleading information about
campsite availability on the 20th.  I checked on-line and was told that the
only sites available were at the horse camp.  The folk at Caprock Canyons State
Park, on the other hand, have assured me that while there are a) no trailer
spaces left on the 20th there are b) plenty of tent camping sites left.

The reserve-on-line site does seem a bit messed up right now and I would
suggest that anybody wanting to camp at a state park confirm nonavailability of
tent spaces by calling 512-389-8900 a
TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds
nd getting the true scoop.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock