[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Black Phoebes at unusual locations in the LRGV?

  • From: txbrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:00:27 -0700

Just curious about eBird reports of Black Phoebe lately at Estero Llano Grande
and Edinburg Wetlands in March and April 2012: the latter may be a mistake,
since 3 birds were reported (even 1 bird here would be noteworthy), and hadn't
heard of any at Estero Llano Grande lately. I have been stuck in the office a
lot, so I may be missing out.
I know of birds at the Old Hidalgo Pumphouse, Anzalduas, and Bentsen (and then
farther upriver, at spots like Roma). If anyone has knowledge of the Estero and
Edinburg reports, I would be interested.

Just trying to keep track of species which may be expanding in the LRGV.

Regards,
Tim Brush
Edinburg, TX

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds