[texbirds] Re: [texbirds]

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ronnie Kramer <ronniekramer1964@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 12:59:06 -0500

No Kingbirds today except Scissotails by anyone
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Ronnie Kramer <ronniekramer1964@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Nice,

Carlos told me there were a good number out there but he dipped on the
Cassin's.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Devine Lk. also had 200-300 mixed hawks today mostly Swainson's along
with a very fast moving, large Un-ID'ed falcon. (a Merlin frequented the
lake all morning)

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Ronnie Kramer <
ronniekramer1964@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Today I went to my local patch, Copperfiedl Nature Trails, in northeast
Austin along Walnut Creek. As I walked up the ridge above the creek I
first spotted a few Red-shouldered and Broad-winged Hawks. On top of the
ridge I saw a river of Swanson's Hawks and watched them pass by for about
an hour. There were 3 groups all together and an estimated 2,400
Swainson's Hawk, 6 Red-shouldered Hawk,10 Red-tailed Hawk, and 21
Broad-winged Hawk.
I counted 4 Dark morph Swainson's.

https://ronnielynnkramer.smugmug.com/2015/20151011-Copperfield-Nature-Trai

Ronnie Kramer
Austin, Texas
Life Member Travis Audubon Society
Life Member Texas Ornithological Society
Chair, TAS Field Trip Committee
Co-Chair Friends of Balcones Songbird Festival

Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
permission