[texbirds] status of birding site at Chapeño

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:59:23 -0500

I haven't been to Chapeño, the spot along the river between Salineño and
Falcon Dam in a number of years. I'm planning a trip up that way in a week
and am wondering A) if the site is open, B) ho much it costs and where you
pay, and 3) if the birding there has recovered from the 2010 flood (which
wiped out most of the riparian vegetation. It used to be a nice spot to hit
after Salineño, but I wanted some advance info. to see if it's worth having
all the students go in.
Thanks in advance,
Tim