[texbirds] some locals, and a 'true' Night Heron

  • From: Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:42:06 -0500

Went up to Hester Gardens park Sunday,  Went early to avoid the heat,
yeah like that was going to happen.  Anywho we got a Pileated, a Great
Crested Flycatcher, juvenile White-tailed Kite (eating a cicada), and
the usual red, blue, and noisy regulars'.

Earlier in the month, the night of the 'super' moon we went to Bay St
Park in Tx Cty to see if we could get a shot.  So-so, but the wife got
this cool shot of a 'NIGHT heron'. ;)
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tHKsuxnyKL74hCWALAlAXdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

oh yeah, and the moon shot.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/se9vOVyucKH09h5IHWACWNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink