[texbirds] snowy owl

  • From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:08:15 -0600

Howdy Texbirders (especially those in east Texas)
The following was posted on eBird:
Snowy Owl (Bubo scandiacus) (1)
- Reported Feb 11, 2014 18:40 by Pamela Reece
- camp joy rd, Upshur, Texas
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=32.8356785,-94.7013974&ll=32.8356785,-94.7013974
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S16923203
- Comments: "i was driving down camp joy road, this beautiful white owl
flew in front of me landed on a branch. I stop the car and a few seconds
later the owl flew across the road into the woods. i had no idea what type
of owl it was until i shared this with my husband and he showed me some
pictures trying to figure out what type of owl it was"
I hope that our friends up that way will check this report.  Great
potential since the Snowy Owl influx this year has been a more easterly
occurrence.
Ciao.
Dennis
Harris County