[texbirds] Re: silly adherence to 'rules' regarding capitalization

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "antshrike1@xxxxxxx" <antshrike1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 18:44:28 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings Dan (and all):
I have been fighting this one with the editors of the New York Times and The
New Yorker for decades.  The example I use is yellow warbler.  'Which specific
warbler with  'yellow' in its plumage are you talking about?' has been my
standard plea.  My pleas have fallen on deaf ears - or unreasoning central
nervous systems - and I treasure the fact that there is at least one other
person who is bothered by this nonsensical adherence to 'the rules'.

Fat Tony; Lubbock