[texbirds] shorebird call?

  • From: L Markoff <canyoneaglej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 05:36:23 -0500

Hi Texbirds,
Starting around 4:00 this morning I have been hearing a different call.  It
is off and on.  It isn't the usual frog call I am familiar with.  It might
be a bug, but it sounds more like a shorebird to me.  Would there still be
any shorebirds going through this area right now?  It sounds most like a
Solitary Sandpiper to me, but it has been awhile since I've heard any, so
that is just a guess.

Frog, bug or bird?  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Lori Markoff