[texbirds] several migrants at Lake Tawakoni

  • From: Richard <rdkrsh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 17:21:29 -0400 (EDT)

The weather change today reduced the total number of birds except Baltimore
Orioles which were everywhere. I got several warblers including my FOS Canada
Warbler.   Thrushes over at Lake Tawakoni have been slow 1 or 2 Swainson's
Thrushes this year is the norm.   So I was sho9cked to see a Veery near the
last point at Lake Tawakoni State Park (LTSP)   Overnight rain Friday and
possibly into Saturday mornin could make this a very interesting weekend for
migrants here.
Today's migrant list

Yellow-crowned Night Heron below the Tawakoni dam
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 6 some on territory some migrants
Eastern Wood Pewee 1
Least Flycatcher 12
Eastern Kingbird dozens
Warbling Vireo 4-6
Swainson's Thrush 1
Veery 1 at LTSP very rare migrant
Gray Catbird 1 LTSP
Northern Parula on territory
Yellow Warbler 12+
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Yellow-throated Warbler on territory
Black-and-White Warbler 1 on territory
American Redstart 4
Prothontary Warbler 4 on territory
Louisiana Waterhtursh 2 on territory
Northern Waterthrush 1
Kentucky warbler 1 on territory
Canada Warbler 1
Wilson's Warbler-12+
Common Yellowthroat 12+
Grasshopper Sparrows are very common their territories
Orchard Oriole 12-14 1 nest located yesterday
Baltimore Oriole 50-75 common everywhere today.

Richard Kinney
near Lake Tawakoni