[texbirds] Re: returning winterers include Roadside Hawk at Utopia

  • From: mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 07:00:04 -0800

Hi all,

I posted about the return of the Roadside Hawk just
in case a birder was in the area, I presume like myself
they would want to know to have it in mind. Maybe to
double check the park, or check the crossing below it.
Of course I have access to lots of private property
hereabouts so like many places in Texas things are
different for locals. I personally like knowing about
a Jabiru on a private ranch whether or not I can chase it.

It is a horrible place to bird here. My (3) yard lists
here have Short-tailed Hawk, Rufous-capped Warbler, Green
Violetear, Smith's Longspur, Lucifer and White-eared
Hummingbird, 10 Audubon's Orioles at once, Olive
Sparrow, White-tipped Dove, Long-billed Thrasher,
Purple Gallinule, Wood Stork, White-winged Crossbill,
Common Black-Hawk, Roadside Hawk, Paraque, Ringed and
Green Kingfisher, Sprague's Pipit, Cassin's Finch,
Phainopepla. It really stinks here. ;)

Mitch Heindel
Utopia

On 2015-12-03 18:19, Brush Freeman wrote:

Sounds like a piece of s**t place to bird....Why post? But I have been
guilty of in the past too.