[texbirds] re-send of garbled message

  • From: "Robert Becker" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "robertjbecker" for DMARC)
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 16:29:01 +0000 (UTC)

Hopefully this version will be more readable.  I just got back from a 7-day
swing through Balmorhea, the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park.
Birding was good, as was the abundance of other taxa. I had a towhee trifecta
and four species of wrens. A Mexican Black Bear sow and three cubs was a
thrill. Here are the highlights. At Lake Balmorhea, I saw Clark's Grebe,
White-crowned Sparrow, Meadowlarks (possibly Western, because of unfamiliar
call), American Kestrel, Spotted Sandpiper, and Curve-billed Thrasher. At
Balmorhea State Park, there was a Lesser Scaup, Marsh Wren,and Pied-billed
Grebe. At Davis Mountains State Park and Rte 118 loop, I had Cassin's
Kingbird, Western Wood-peewee, Canyon Towhee, Acorn Woodpecker, Ladder-backed
Woodpecker, Dark-eyed Junco (pink-sided), Western Scrub-jay, Rock Wren, Lesser
Goldfinch, Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Western Bluebirds, Chipping Sparrow,
Common Raven, House Finch. At Big Bend National Park, I had Spotted,
Green-tailed and Canyon Towhee, Canyon, Rock and Cactus wrens, Mexican Jay,
Black-tailed Gnatcatcher, Great Horned Owl, Black Phoebe,  Hermit Thrush,
Vermillion Flycatcher, Empid sp., Cooper's Hawk,Wood Ducks (5), Roadrunners,
Verdin, Scaled Quail, Black-crested Titmouse, and Ruby-crowned Kinglet. On
Route 385, near Marathon,  I had a White-tailed Hawk and a falcon sp.  Photo
highlights are at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/albums/72157659796009380 Bob
Becker.Victoria.