[texbirds] request for summer sightings for North American Birds

  • From: Mark Lockwood <Mark.Lockwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx' (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 12:39:58 +0000

Dear Texbirders,

The summer reporting season for North American Birds (NAB) ended on 31 May.
This is a plea/request for observers to submit their interesting Texas
sightings to us in preparation for the Texas portion of the report.

North American Birds is published four times a year by the American Birding
Association and contains seasonal sightings/summaries for just about all
regions of North America, including Canada, the US, Mexico as well as central
America and some of the Caribbean islands. More information about North
American Birds can be found at:

http://www.aba.org/nab/

The summer season extends from 1 June to 31 July and we would like to receive
your reports of interesting bird sightings for this period by no later than 15
August. Please send your sightings DIRECTLY TO The SUB-REGIONAL EDITOR listed
below. Some of you might assume that a Texbirds post, or even an eBird
submission, will be picked up by your NAB sub-regional editor, and will serve
as your contribution. This is not necessarily the case. Not only is it easy to
miss a Texbirds post or eBird submission, we do NOT assume that sightings
posted to those mediums are necessarily intended by the observer as something
that can or should be published in North American Birds. Therefore, please
report directly to the editor for the area of your sighting, even if it is just
as a carbon-copy (cc or bcc) of a Texbirds report.

Thanks to Bert Frenz, there is a listing of the Texas counties included for
each of the reporting sub-regions at:

http://www.bafrenz.com/birds/NAB.htm

The names, addresses, and e-mail addresses of each of Texas' North American
Birds sub-regional editors follows. We encourage you to send your seasonal
sightings and summaries to the appropriate one:

Trans-Pecos (east of Hudspeth County): Mark Lockwood, 402 E. Harriet Ave.,
Alpine, TX 79830.

email: mark.lockwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mark.lockwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

El Paso and Hudspeth Counties: Jim Paton, 4325 Boy Scout Lane, El Paso, TX 79922

Email: jnpaton@xxxxxxx<mailto:jnpaton@xxxxxxx>

South Texas: Willie Sekula 7063 Co. Rd. 228, Falls City, TX 78113-2627.

email: wsekula@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wsekula@xxxxxxxxxx>

East Texas: Bert Frenz 221 Rainbow Dr., #12190, Livingston, TX 77399-2021.

email: bert2@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bert2@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Central Texas: Eric Carpenter 4710 Canyonwood Drive, Austin, TX 78735.

email: ecarpe@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ecarpe@xxxxxxxxx>

Northwest Texas (Panhandle, South Plains): Anthony Hewetson 4407 36th St.,
Lubbock TX 79414.

email: fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>

Upper Texas Coast: Ron Weeks 110 Indian Warrior, Lake Jackson, TX 77566

email: ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

North-central Texas: Steve Glover 5108 Shelly Ray Rd., Keller, TX 76244.

email: countylines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:countylines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We are encouraging everyone to join us in the process of sharing your
experiences and sightings from your area. You may contribute something of
lasting value; information which would not have been gleaned if not for your
efforts.

Mark

Mark Lockwood

402 E. Harriet Ave.