[texbirds] possible blue throated hummingbird.

  • From: Patricia Peacock <joepatricia.peacock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 14:13:53 -0500

I live in Northeast Texas, so I am surprised at what looked like a blue
throated hummingbird.  It had a two while streaks on his face. The one
above his eye was thicker.  He was at least twice the size of the ruby
throateds that usually hang out in my garden.  He had fat, rounded tail
feathers with lots of white on the outer feathers.
All my books say that he is not supposed to live in west Texas and Mexico.
So, anybody ever heard of them traveling to Northeast Texas?
Patricia Peacock
western Hopkins county