[texbirds] more on shorebirds

  • From: Robert Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 18:28:48 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all the knowledgable Texbirds readers for their input and corrections
on my shorebirds post from last night. I had labeled a Wilson's Plover as a
Semipalmated. Thanks also for identifying my mystery bird as a Red Knot. Last,
I have uploaded a true Semipalmated Plover tonight. All told, I picked up three
life birds from Saturday morning on the Gulf shore.

An update, with the actual Semipalmated Plover, is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/

Bob Becker
Rancho Viejo