[texbirds] migrants at Rice U, Houston

  • From: C-T Lee <cintylee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 08:58:12 -0500

Took a brief walk around campus today.  We've been having steady, often
double-digit, numbers of Yellow Warblers passing overhead each day at
dawn.  But until today, it's largely been just Yellow Warblers.
Highlights (in different parts of the campus) this morning included 2
Mourning Warblers, 4-5 Black-and-White Warblers, 2 Canada Warblers, 1 Great
Crested Flycatcher, 2 E W Pewees, 1 Least Flycatcher, 1 Northern
Waterthrush, several R-Th Hummingbirds and lots of Yellow Warblers and
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. Curiously, no Dickcissels or Upland Sandpipers this
morning, though we've been getting them nearly every day for the last week
or so.

C-T Lee
Houston, TX