[texbirds] male Broad-tailed Hummer, Blanco Co

  • From: "Leslie Linehan" <linehanla@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <satxbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <comalbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 08:43:21 -0500

A male Broad-tailed Hummingbird is present at my house this morning.  I
think he actually came in last Sunday afternoon (Aug 11), as I heard his
distinctive wing-whistle several times but couldn't visually locate the bird
(in spite of his zipping right past my head a couple of times!).  I
continued to hear occasional Broad-tailed-like wing trill during the week,
but wasn't able to spend more than a few minutes a day looking for him.
This morning he came in to a feeder on the front porch, and I got a good
look at him.

Two Roadrunners in the tree outside my office window right now.  The Blue
Jays don't look very happy about that!

And 21 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks just flew by.

Leslie

Leslie Linehan
Southern tip of Blanco Co
near the Highway 281/FM306 intersection