[texbirds] leucism

  • From: Ervin Fleming <endersgt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 23:40:19 +0000 (UTC)

  I don't recall reports of leucistic doves (Mourning). I'm thinking that
means they are really common and not worth reporting or pretty rare. I know I
haven't seen one until today. Thinking about this further,  I'm making an
uninformed distinction between (bred for) white doves (weddings and magicians)
and a Mourning Dove that is short on pigment. Can anyone fill me in?
Tom Fleming    Grand Prairie