[texbirds] Re: for discussion

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 09:18:56 -0500

It certainly wasn't a normal migration and numbers were down. You could
compare the daily data into EBird from here to see more, plus we have a weather
station reporting and there might be saved data there.
Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org, 501(c)(3)
Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS. Facebook, @SusanWarbler

On Sep 26, 2015, at 7:12 AM, Ervin Fleming (Redacted sender "endersgt" for
DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

ter range weather forecasting. Have you all noticed variances in behavior
that may indicate sensitivity to the longer range weather
patterns.Examples..........Last spring was unusually delayed in Texas by the
rapid sequence of cold fronts bringing with it the end of the drought. Was
there some delay in the arrival migrants or perhaps in fewer numbers at the
normal time?Will this year's strong El Nino change wintering behaviors or
cause this migration to be more leisurely?I would be interested to hear of
your accumulated experiences.Tom FlemingGrand Prairie