[texbirds] Re: eBird's position on documentation

  • From: Jim Sinclair <jim.sinclair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:22:26 -0500

Well, there seem to be a lot of folks that think I should have included a
smiley face.
I typically only use such devices when the subject is ambiguous.  To me, a
smiley face is similar to a laugh track - and I don't like laugh tracks.

I would have thought that my post was so outrageous (GREATER Flamingo -
that isn't even on the Texas list - vs American Flamingo (what I actually
did send to Mary) that is on the Texas list) plus the number reported - 10
(also sent to Mary) that everyone would realize I was joking (or a complete
idiot - take your pick).

And for those of you who DID understand my intent, no, I am not replacing
any of your keyboards.