[texbirds] Re: eBird's position on documentation

  • From: Steve Gast <segast23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "supersurber@xxxxxxxxxxx" <supersurber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:55:01 -0500

I find it enjoyable to find and submit something that gets flagged. I don't
look for these on purpose but do get a kick out of finding something out of the
ordinary. I have made mistakes in data entry and a few times I don't have a
good enough description for it to be accepted ( yeah - OK  - sometimes too I
just blow the ID)  But that is ok because I end up learning how to study a bird
better or how to ID a bird correctly the next time. I am sorry for putting
reviewers to extra work though. I really don't want to do this on purpose and
so I never complain about either having to submit more details or volunteering
to pull the record down due to insufficient observation. I have the lesser
amount  of work to that of the busy eBird reviewers ( God bless 'em)

The process however it plays out should be a learning one and enjoyable.

Steve Gast
Houston TX