[texbirds] Re: eBird Homework / required reading

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:23:42 -0500

One very pertinent response off-list:

"You are making a false assumption as you decry others for the same
transgression (if it rises to that).  Brown-crested Flycatchers nest
in small numbers along the Rio Grande as far west as (at least)
Cottonwood Campground and they are early arriving migrants just like
Ash-throated.  I do agree that these are more likely Ash-throated, but
stating that Ash-throated is all that can be expected is wrong!"

...in picking on Brown-crested Flycatcher in Brewster Co, I certainly
did not mean to insinuate that they are impossible; both of the
reports are from the most plausible part of the region and at a time
when they would become expected. There's just no way of knowing which
species observers are reporting without additional communication.

-h

Heidi Trudell
Marathon, TX

--

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary
necessities. - Mark Twain