[texbirds] camo birding

  • From: "Lori Markoff" <canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 18:20:20 -0800

This is my favorite style of birding, especially as I age and my feet hurt
from too much walking on hard surfaces.  I wear camo, find a bit of good
bird habitat, tuck myself into it, and then wait.  Sometimes nothing
happens, but sometimes I become enveloped in birds.  Once I had a
Golden-cheeked Warbler land next to my head.  I don't know how I managed it
but I kept absolutely silent and still, except for the big grin that spread
across my face.

Give it a try sometime if you have the opportunity, you will feel one with
the birds.

Lori Markoff
Eugene, OR