[texbirds] Re: american redstart question for RGV people

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tripp.davenport@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:12:24 -0500

Tripp and all, probaqbly unusual for the valley, but as we were discussing
only with Anthony the other day, returning migrants/post dispersals often
show up at my water features in very early July, I can recall If I have had
a late June bird or not...Historically they bred in SE Central Texas in
Lavaca Co. on the Colorado R.....This species is an egnima in South Texas
in the summer for sure....I am seeing an occasional Black and White at the
features but since they breed locally there is no way to tell from where
they hale.

Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist
361-655-7641
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca de los Alacranes., Utley,Texas