[texbirds] Zone-tailed Hawk in Bexar County

  • From: Lora Render <lorarend@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 11:35:15 -0500

****** MESSAGE POSTED TO THE OLD LIST *******

Hi Everyone,
I'm so excited, while sitting on my deck I witnessed what I thought was a Black
Vulture soaring above
the yard eyeing the drip area. Then I noticed the white bands on the under tail
coverts. I just
processed a couple of photos to get this out, the bird departed heading north
to northwest.

Lora Render
NC San Antonio

http://www.flickr.com/photos/texaslorarend/7907175952/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/texaslorarend/7907175952/in/photostream/

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds