[texbirds] Zone-tailed Hawk - Stephen F. Austin State Park, Austin Co., 11/26/14

  • From: "Rich Kostecke" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rkost73@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: TexBirds Posting Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 02:31:27 +0000 (UTC)

For those who might be interested, I had a Zone-tailed Hawk (loosely associated
with soaring vultures) at Stephen F. Austin State Park in Austin Co. this
afternoon (around 1:40pm).  I viewed and photographed the hawk from the
north-south portion (it eventually bends east towards the Brazos River) of the
Cottonwood Trail.  Given the way it was soaring, I wouldn't be surprised if it
was bouncing back and forth between Austin and Waller cos.
Rich
 Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy
318 Congress Ave., Austin, Texas 78701Email: rkost73@xxxxxxxxx or