[texbirds] Zone-tailed Hawk Sightings this week

  • From: Troy Hibbitts <alterna2627@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 08:33:14 -0700 (PDT)

This week I've had my first sightings of the season of Zone-tailed Hawks - the
first was in Brackettville, where at least one pair is a summer resident and
where I see them regularly overflying town on Sunday.
Yesterday, while in Harper for my daughter's Area Track Meet, my Dad & I
observed another overflying town mixed in with a soaring Red-shouldered Hawk
and some Turkey Vultures.  This is the first Zone-tailed Hawk that I've seen
north of the Canyons of the Balcones Escarpment region.

Troy Hibbitts
Brackettville, TX