[texbirds] Zone-tail hawk at Anzalduas County Park

  • From: Thea Sinclair <2sinclairs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:43:26 -0500

We went this morning to see if the zone-tail hawk seen two days ago at
Anzalduas might still be around, It was very foggy when we arrived,but we
could faintly see lots of vultures on trees on the levee bank opposite the
pier.  Around 10 am the sun had burned off enough for the birds to start
kettling.  We were able to follow them with our scope, watching for the
yellow ceres and the banded tail.  Eventually one flew overhead that
clearly showed two white bands.  It quickly moved over the park and out of
sight.
Thea Sinclair
Hickory, NC, birding in south Texas