[texbirds] Yesterday's grounding

  • From: Margaret Sloan <laumakani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 14:01:06 -0500

I am still stunned by my good fortune yesterday.  At the end of the day,
I'd had 14 warbler species and a total of 35 migrant species.  The yard
total was 68 species. I spent most of the day going back and forth from the
backyard to the front.  The ash tree in the front was full of worms and
there were warblers and vireos there all day.  The orioles, most of the
flycatchers and more warblers and vireos were in the back.  My home is in a
subdivision, but it backs up to Oyster Creek so that probably contributed
to the great day.  It ended on a high point with the sighting of a Mourning
Warbler skulking in a flower bed.

There are a few migrants hanging around, but most were gone this morning.

Margaret Sloan
Missouri City, TX