[texbirds] Re: Yard birding, jays crows and the end of summer and a question

  • From: Steve Gast <segast23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx" <josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:28:04 -0500

From the bayou several miles further west. I have had just two crows around
through most of the summer but I think they ranged widely as I did not see them
every day. The Carolina Wrens and Cardinals also had a tough year on this end.
Chickadees,  titmouse and Cardinals  have been heavy feeder users recently but
seemingly not as many as last year at this time, coming in pairs or threes
rather than larger family groups, although one Cardinal family did produce two
young.

Blue Jays on the other hand seemed to be plentiful here most of the year with
three or four or maybe even five noisy family groups around most of the spring
and early summer between Kirkwood and Eldridge in Terry Hershey Park. Not as
many just now. Maybe they are moving around.

The Edith L. Moore Downy Woodpeckers produced young. But I have not see any
Red-bellied young this year either but don't have a pair close by this year.
Their tree close by from last year didn't make it through the winter.

Steve Gast
Houston TX

Steve Gast
Houston TXEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at