[texbirds] Yard First of the Year

  • From: Russ Nelson <austinlistener@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 13:26:21 -0500

While not notable in the grand scheme of things, I had my first Mourning
Dove of the year in my yard Friday. White-winged Doves have basically
cleared the Mourning Doves out of my northwest Austin, suburban
neighborhood. I see only one or two when walking around the block, and
it was well into May before I saw the first in the yard. When I moved
into this house (25 years ago!) seeing a White-winged Dove was the rare
event, but now they're everywhere!

(For purists, this message is also a test to see if I am now allowed to
post to Texbirds. That privilege has not been mine in recent months.)

Russell Nelson
Austin