[texbirds] Xtreme Hummingbird Xtravaganza at GCBO

  • From: "Susan Heath" <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:38:54 -0500

All,

I'm sure those of you along the coast have noticed the large number of
hummingbirds that arrived in the last few days! We are enjoying them greatly
here at GCBO as we prepare for our annual Xtreme Hummingbird Xtravaganza in
Lake Jackson. We have moved into our new building and are anxious to show it
off to everyone! We will hold this event on Saturday, September 13th and
again Saturday, September 20th from 8:00 until noon. Admission is $2 for
adults and school age kids are free. Robert & Kay Lookingbill will be doing
hummingbird banding demonstrations on both days. On the 13th Ron Weeks will
give a talk on birding by ear and on the 20th Charlie Brower will amaze you
with his knowledge of hummingbirds. On both Saturdays, Mike Williams will
give a talk about bird photography. We also have hummingbird plants for sale
along with feeders, books, t-shirts and just about everything you could want
if you are a hummingbird enthusiast. For more information check our website
(www.gcbo.org) or give us a call at 979-480-0999. You can find directions to
our location on our website.

Sue

Susan A. Heath, PhD