[texbirds] Williamson County Golden Fronted Woodpecker

  • From: Randy Duncan <osufight@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 07:44:12 -0700

Local interest for wilco.
   Yesterday afternoon I visited the Bush's Chicken in Cedar Park off of 1431
southwest of 183. As I was leaving I saw a male Golden Fronted WP come in and
go dumpster diving behind the store. He eventually flushed and flew into the
neighborhood directly behind. I sat for a few minutes but he did not return.
    For full disclosure I admit that I work for Bush's at a different location,
but this is not an attempted to drive sales by attraction the 2 or 3 people
that may wanna look. The more I think about it the old greasy chicken crumbs
would make an excellent suet! Would not be surprised if this is the birds daily
routine.
Randy Duncan
 Leander TX