[texbirds] Whooping Crane, Brazoria County

  • From: "Susan Heath" <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 13:38:15 -0600

TexBirders,

I received a report this morning with photo from Paul Downes of a Whooping
Crane in with a large flock of Sandhill Cranes yesterday (11/10/13) along CR
227 near FM 2004 at the Brazoria NWR. I went out there at lunch to check it
out and was unable to relocate the Whooper but there are a lot of cranes
there so it could have been hidden.

Sue

Susan A. Heath, PhD
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory