[texbirds] White-winged Scoter 12/3/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 17:00:52 -0500 (EST)

I just got a call from Jan from Nassau Bay Park and she and a friend were
trying to see the Scoter and were about to give up when Joe Kennedy drove up
and  they did find it. She said it was a very quick look and the bird went
under and  they could not find it again. So apparently it is still there but
being much  more secretive than it was. The other day when Ron and I saw it
if it put it's  head under it's wing and slept it was hard to tell which
bird it was when it was  mixed in with all the Lesser Scaup. I know when we
were there it liked to hang  around the fountain area and kept returning to it
every so often.

David and Jan  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County