[texbirds] White Rock Lake - Old Fish Hatchery: Swainson's and Blackburnian Warblers

  • From: Christian Walker <christian.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 15:25:21 -0500

Hello,
I birded the Old Fish Hatchery at White Rock Lake this morning here in Dallas
and had a few good birds despite the winds.  Fantastic looks at a male
Blackburnian Warbler, as well as a singing Swainson’s Warbler.  The bird has
apparently been on territory for a few weeks now, and was very bold.  However,
please refrain from using playback.
Good birding,

Christian Walker
University of Dallas