[texbirds] White River Lake CBC needs observers

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 07:02:20 -0800 (PST)

Greetings All:
The White River Lake CBC will be held on Saturday, 28 December 2013.  We meet
at the White River Lake Marina at 7:30 AM, bird until 5:00 PM, and then meet up
back at the marina for a hot dinner and countdown - making every attempt to get
out by 7:00 PM as the good folk at the restaurant keep the place open late just
for us.  I really need at least ten folk, including five leaders, to get this
count done well.  Currently the leader positions are filled (YAY!) but I am at
least three observers short.  This has, historically, been the region's most
interesting count as the circle gets an interesting mix of Caprock Escarpment
species, visitors from the north, and lingerers from the fall - something truly
interesting shows up most years.  Currently I have the following folk signed up:

Area One: Southeast and East - Anthony Hewetson
Area Two: The Great North Woods - Rich Kostecke
Area Three: East Lake - Phillip Kite, Cameron Carver

Area Four: West Lake - Manuel De Leon, George Jury
Area Five: Rob Lee

If you are interested in participating in this count, please contact me at
anthony.hewetson@xxxxxxxxxx or at 806-252-1213 and I will fill you in on
additional details.

Thanks; Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock