[texbirds] Western Kingbird pair in Corpus

  • From: "Judy Kestner" <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 08:25:47 -0500

I have been waiting, with no luck, for the return of the two Western Kingbird
couples that have nested on FM 624 in northwest Corpus Christi for the past
three years.  Last year (extreme drought conditions) one nest did not produce
any young and the other just two, when there had been four babies in each nest
in each of the two preceding years.

Yesterday I spotted a pair in another location, on Hearn Rd.   They were
perched on the fence that surrounds the water treatment plant, near the
construction entrance.  I'll try to keep my eye on them to see if and where the
nest appears.    Yay!

Judy Kestner