[texbirds] Wednesday bird programs

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <FCollins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kleb Woods (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <KlebWoods@xxxxxxxx>, "1 Texbirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 18:25:45 +0000

Next Wednesday, June 17th Kleb Woods will have the weekly bird walk. Summer
bird walks are from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM and meet at the nature center. This
past week we had 8 Scaly-breasted Munia and many participants enjoyed
photographing a nest with 3-4 downy Cooper's Hawk chicks in it. The walk
tallied 33 species.
In the afternoon, we will have a birding class entitled "Advancing Ornithology
Through Technology". From digital acoustics recordings to geolocating to
genetics, and more, ornithology has benefited from rapidly advancing and
increasingly available technologies. We will use some recent findings to show
how these technologies have allowed ornithologists to refute long-held
assumptions, confirm suspicions, and solve mysteries about the lives birds.

This class will be from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. It and all classes and programs at
Kleb Woods Nature Center are free and open to the public.

Kendra Kocab
Naturalist: Kleb Woods Nature Center
Commissioner Steve Radack
Harris County Precinct 3