[texbirds] Webberville/Utley (local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 20:21:29 -0500

.
After the day's downpours I spent 75-90 min.s or so looking for late
migrants. In Webberville huge earthworms flooded from the soil were
everywhere...some over a foot long...Crows, Cattle Egrets and
Red-shouldered Hawks taking advantage.....I had no obvious migrants...at
least no birds that don't breed in the state.
Egyptian Geese 2 flyovers.
Yellow-billed Cuckoos 8-10. 4 in one tree that was full of unidentified
caterpillars, as yet
C. Nighthawks 8 hunting over hay fields
Black Terns 4 ditto
Yellow-throated Vireo 1 singing....Common in Bastrop Co but I rarely have
one on this route in Travis Co..
Prothonotary Warbler 1
N. Parula 1 (my property)
Bronzed Cowbirds 6 Webberville area.