[texbirds] Webberville gulls and waterfowl (local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 13:11:11 -0600

Coming back to Utley from Cedar Park this AM I noted hundreds of
Ringed-billed Gulls in various flooded fields especially those north of
Webberville...Other locations were the Twin Creeks area toward Austin and
in Bastrop Co. and the Cedar Valley hay fields where there were perhaps
20-25 more RBGUs...It was raining steady and with very few places to safely
get off the road due to saturated soils, so little opportunity to look for
other gull/waterfowl species.  North Webberville there was also a flock of
about 45-60 Pintails as well as  groups of other ducks including Mallards.
I wanted to look for geese etc. but the conditions were just too
adverse....Standing and high water everywhere.  I assume these birds are
enjoying earthworms that have come to the surface
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/