[texbirds] Washington County birding- 1/11/14

  • From: Darrell Vollert <dvollert1967@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:49:37 -0800 (PST)

Hello Everyone,
Yesterday I did some birding with others in the Chappell Hill and Washington
area in eastern Washington County. The weather was gorgeous and we had good
success in the field. Highlights were a female Common Goldeneye that dove often
in a large stock pond, a Peregrine Falcon perched on a fence post(flew off when
we approached too close), a male Spotted Towhee that sang for us, two Fox
Sparrows(sang briefly), and numerous Harris's Sparrows.
Below you will find the bird list for yesterday's birding.
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Northern Shoveler
Common Goldeneye- one female
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Northern Harrier
Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Crested Caracara- 3
American Kestrel
Peregrine Falcon- one perched on a fencepost
American Coot
Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs
Mourning Dove