[texbirds] Warbler Woods Spring Fieldtrips

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 11:55:12 -0600

Warbler Woods Spring Fieldtrips
The following groups have scheduled Spring Fieldtrips ; BP Birders, Bill
Goloby, SAAS, Twin Lakes Audubon, Liberty County Birders, NANPA, Bexar Audubon.
 Several other groups are working on a date.  If you were supposed to be on
this list, please contact me.  My calendars keep getting messed up and I'm
dependent on them!  Groups are limited to one/day and you get priority seating
at the Warbler Pond

Our peak is usually the last week of April and first 10 days of May.  We
usually hit 17-22 sp of warblers in one day with most, if not all, at the
Warbler Pond   Last year, we hit 18 sp of warblers on 4 different days.  If
there is an onshore wind, we especially get birds that skip the coast.  You
don't need a group to visit, just email, requesting a date and approximate time
to get gate instructions.

The yard is getting whacked back today and fed--it's amazing how much it grows
each year

I'm at the Sparrow Hole and have a Junco and a surprising Savannah Sparrow.
The Kinglet is busy checking out the new blossoms on the vegetation

Susan Schaezler
Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
WarblerWoods.org , 501(c)(3)
Cibolo/Schertz, Guadalupe County, GCBO Site Partner
Lone Star Land Steward Winner, Lifetime SAAS, TAS, TOS