[texbirds] Walnut Springs Area, Clifton City Park (Local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 14:58:49 -0500

.
Wonderful sunny morning for once but did not last long. We had oodles
and oodles of Golden-cheekeds. All present fulfilled their permit
detection requirements for the season with the species in less than an
hour. All in the rocky hills on private properties, but nothing else
unusual for the areas but some nice birds anyway.
Clifton City Park was a bit of a let down when I went by there after work
compared to yesterday. Most the mulberries had been scarfed up and there
were only a few birds to be found there including continuing Pine Siskins
and oddly enough a late Yellow-bellied Sapsucker eating the berries....It
was new for my "trip" list Warblers consisted mostly just a handful of
Yellows with a Chestnut-sided (also new for trip) Other birds were too
high against the rainy skies for me to decipher.

Two flocks of Miss Kites passed over as did a flock of about 35 White
Pelicans (new). A Downy Woodpecker was also a new one.

Two calling Common Nighthawks were working near the motel as the rain
moved in.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621