[texbirds] Wallace Road, Edinburg TX/ Red-tailed Hawk question

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 22:57:43 -0600

I didn't want to waste a nice afternoon, so I rolled out to Wallace Road to
do some late afternoon birding. There was a small amount of water in the
pond on the west side of the road a few miles down, though not too much
waterbird activity - an Eared Grebe surprised me a little bit. There were
more terrestrial birds working their way through the willows and
surrounding brush, including an Altamira Oriole nearby.
Wallace Road, Hidalgo, US-TX
Feb 6, 2013 4:15 PM - 5:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
5.0 mile(s)