[texbirds] WW Dove behavior? w/pics

  • From: Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:44:55 -0500

I noticed amongst the 7-8 WW Doves out in the backyard that two were
acting, and posing in ways I had not observed before.  They were not
really involved with each other, but were doing almost identical
things.  The pics show this behavior better than I can describe it. My
first thought is that it is some part or form of courtship.
Birds in relation to one another (allow both had been on the feeder roof
at the same time when I forst noticed them.  One then flew up to the
shepherds hook, and the other remained on the feeder roof.
Birds near to each other
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/123354783@N05/14711200512/>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123354783@N05/14711200512/in/photostream/

Closeup bird #1